Why should we have clear spiritual goals? The answer is that spiritual goals are first in the SPECIFIC goal setting method because they are the foundation of each and every goal we set in all of the other areas. (S=Spiritual, P=Personal, E=Emotional, C=Career Growth, I=Interaction, F=Fun, I=Increase Wealth, C=Clean Up Chaos and Stuff).
So what are some of your spiritual goals? You can begin to identify these goals by asking yourself the following questions:
• Where am I spiritually and how do I want to grow?
• What do I believe about my eternal purpose, and where I am in relation to that purpose?
• Do I spend time in prayer and quiet moments and contemplation?
• Do I read scripture on a daily basis?
• Do I attend church and have a church home?
• Do I engage in community service in my church?
• Am I offering my God given talents and gifts to my church or other organizations?
• Am I helping others?
• Do I have confidence that my desires and dreams are divinely inspired?
Writing our goals down makes them real, and we can refer to them frequently to assess where we are.
After reviewing the above questions, take out a piece of paper or go to your computer and record three spiritual goals that you desire to achieve this month. Try to be specific as you record your goals.
Setting spiritual goals is the first step in the SPECIFIC goal setting process. Moreover, setting spiritual goals will help you to attain greater life fulfillment, purpose and meaning. So, go tackle your spiritual goals and live big dreams, one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment